Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread
(10-21-2012, 12:33 PM)Zabadabenabadaba Wrote: Keiang I'm not entirely sure what you mean by situational movesets, could you please explain?

You know how each character has strengths and weaknesses? Each is probably able to deal with most situations, even if they have a specific strength. Think of it like this:
They have some areas where they're good, and some where they aren't as good, but they're still generally balanced.

In the case of your character, each moveset would have a specific situation it's designed to be good in, so it'd look more like this:
Players would need to try to counter whatever strategy the opponent was using, and vice versa.

For example, Moveset A could be based around ground-based offense. The FORWARD ground moves would be really good, and they could flow together really well. On the flip side, maybe this moveset would have horrible BACK and AIR attacks. It would be great at doing damage and breaking opponent defenses, but horrible at avoiding damage or dealing with airborne targets. If the opponent realized/remembered this, then they would probably start doing a lot of airborne attacks, which would mean that the player would have to switch off to another moveset, which would be well suited to dealing with that kind of thing.

As a whole, this results in a character that can deal very well with any situation, but needs time to prepare, and could be severely punished if they were wrong about the scenario, or the scenario changed on them.

I hope that didn't sound completely idiotic.
Thanked by: Zadaben, Garamonde

Messages In This Thread
THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - by Gors - 06-02-2012, 11:24 AM
i noticed, Crappy, i noticed - by Tellis - 06-07-2012, 08:33 PM
RE: i noticed, Crappy, i noticed - by Baegal - 06-07-2012, 08:37 PM
RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - by Keiang - 10-21-2012, 03:06 PM