Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Classic Reminiscent Custom Sprites for a Game Project
Alright, super-tentative sprites coming on up. My friend told me the muffin body looked a bit too cone shaped, so I went ahead and made it a round rectangle kind of deal.

[Image: MClzi.png]

I also incorporated a hue shift in the darker shades slightly to the red area. I did similar stuff with the power ups depending on the color. I think it gives it a more Gameboy feel.

[Image: 6bNkR.png]

Left to right, it's Blueberry, Lemon-Lime, Apple, Chocolate Chip, Banana, and normal. The chocolate chip one is probably the most tentative out of the bunch. It'll be a brownie when I'm done with it.

Please tell me what you think of the fruit. I want to keep the large fruit 8x8. I'm really iffy on the banana samurai helmet. Is there a better way I can do this? It has to be a samurai helmet. The iffiest part on it for me is the metal parts on it. The lemon-lime thing is just a palette swap, but it's because when I think "lemon-lime muffin", I would think it's like lemon pound cake.

Keep in mind that I know they aren't perfect. ): Just try to explain to me how I can get them near to it as possible.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Classic Reminiscent Custom Sprites for a Game Project - by StoneMask - 03-25-2012, 10:44 PM