Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
C&C for Sprites: Practice, possible game. Need help
(04-09-2012, 05:42 AM)JoeButler Wrote: I don't quite like her mouth and ther eyebrow. Maybe use the same technique you used on your first character. The water jets don't look quite right either to me, looking more like a bone plate or fin sticking over her near shoulder, making me feel odd as to why there isn't another one on her opposite shoulder. Also the tail looks o be attached to high up in my opinion.

I also just noticed what your style reminds me of. Metal Slug.

I actually did use the same technique with Enki... hmm.. I wanted to make her look wet, after all she is a fish person. Thus the big lips Tongue
I'll scan the concept sheet and provide a link, considering it's 8.5x11.

The note about my style looking like Metal Slug, is kinda flattering. Considering the detail in those sprites.

Though, the fact I'm actually turning this into a game makes me realize, I'm going to need a team of spriters if I ever want to get it done this decade. Within the next few posts or so, I'll start with the details.
[Image: Nereidconceptart.jpg]
Here we have the concept art for Nereid. I made some minor changes to the character while I was spriting (as in getting rid of the fins on her thighs, perhaps the lower water jets for simplicity's sake) Otherwise I tried to stay as true to my sketch as possible.

JoeButler, I'm not sure how I would change the water-jet-tubes coming out of her back to make them look less like bone plates. I figure her head would obscure the one on the opposite shoulder.
Bearded Beast Illustrations
Photobucket Sprite Archive
Deviantart
If the study and practice of art, is not the endeavor to better one's skill constantly, then I don't know a damned thing.
Thanked by: SimplyMatt

Messages In This Thread
Leaping Sprite - by Bearded_Beast - 02-12-2012, 05:48 AM
Considering some changes - by Bearded_Beast - 02-17-2012, 01:18 AM
Triple Strike! - by Bearded_Beast - 02-17-2012, 02:08 PM
Move to Game Design? - by Bearded_Beast - 02-25-2012, 03:36 PM
shading? - by Bearded_Beast - 03-10-2012, 12:03 AM
RE: shading? - by Bearded_Beast - 03-30-2012, 11:25 AM
RE: C&C for Sprites: Practice, possible game. Need help - by Bearded_Beast - 04-09-2012, 11:47 AM