Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Can you drown me with your ripping knowledge?
(01-12-2012, 02:38 PM)Proton Wrote: It's not wise for a beginner to make a guide on anything that requires them to have actually worked with the topic for a long period of time and/or developed greater skills than that of the norm.

Never is and never will be.

Doesn't really make sense, either.

Maybe I lied a little, I'm not a beginner, I worked with some emulators and ripping tools (I mentioned a few in the post) and I know how the ripping world works. But I don't have a wide knowledge of the ripping vocabulary (words and terms that would help me find what I want in Google), the file extensions that the games may use (you have to know how and where the game is locking the graphic archives, isn't it?) and the most important ripping tools of the different consoles (if you know just the ones from the DS and GBA, how are you gonna start with the Play Station?); all of this doesn't make me a veteran yet.

But yeah, I know what you mean, you can't make a guide or tutorial without knowing about the subject. That's why I created this post, to gather information. Besides, I'm not going to offer a hacking tutorial, just a list of things that would help the starters integrate in this, nothing too complicated for a "beginner".

By the way, if I don't make the guide, who will make it? You perhabs? It would help a lot if somebody experienced in the subject made it. But I didn't find any guide or tutorial about the basics of ripping, like in spriting: link. Too bad, isn't?
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can you drown me with your ripping knowledge? - by Reko - 01-12-2012, 05:02 PM