Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy VII battle models
Okay, I've finally found a way of unpacking the files in the ISO so that I can get into the FFVII files with Noesis. (Sadly, it doesn't work with FFVIII, but I did find a patch that may let me rip from the PC version. Haven't checked if it'll work yet, but...)
[Image: GalianBeastinNoesis.jpg]

Anyway, I have two questions. One: is anyone else actually interested in models this old and clunky? 'Cause if they're not, there's no way I'm gonna try ripping anything other than the few I want.

Two: anyone have any advice on dealing with the look of the model? Because they don't come with any textures other than their eyes, and I can't even figure out how to get those to attach to the model. Trying to color match them to get their polygons the right color is going to be really, uh, challenging. I don't know if maybe they have textures that Noesis isn't ripping, or if they're just colored polygon-by-polygon. I kinda think it's the latter, though. So I was just wondering if anyone had any advice. This is how they come out looking at the moment:
[Image: toplessSephiroth.jpg]

Any thoughts?
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Final Fantasy VII battle models - by SierraLatkje - 12-14-2011, 02:01 AM
RE: Final Fantasy VII battle models - by Dazz - 12-14-2011, 03:24 AM
RE: Final Fantasy VII battle models - by Roxas358 - 12-23-2011, 09:47 PM
RE: Final Fantasy VII battle models - by Roxas358 - 01-04-2012, 11:02 AM