Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Basic Question: Should I try?
I spent a long time looking through these forums, and it looks like model ripping is much, much harder than sprite ripping. That's understandable, of course, but I'm wondering how much harder it is, and more importantly, if the effort is worth the minimal pay-off for what I'm trying to do.

Most of the discussion I've seen has focused on specific games, none of which are ones I'm interested in, so it's hard for me to judge the difficulty of what I want to do. (Well, okay, I am interested in Dirge of Cerberus, and I did see mention that it's so far impossible to rip from though someone is working on it, but that wasn't something I wanted just at the moment, so...)

In order to make a seasonal image I want to post to deviantArt (but won't need until February) I was hoping to use some ripped models from a few RPGs, as that'll look much less crappy than modified screen shots. Specifically, the games I'm looking to rip are Suikoden III on the PS2 (which apparently is only possible on a game-by-game basis, but no one's mentioned Suikoden III so I don't know where it stands on the possibility spectrum) the combat models of Vincent and Yuffie from Final Fantasy VII, and a large portion of the main cast--and one nameless extra--from Final Fantasy VIII on the PSX.

I'm okay(ish) with bidding farewell to my dream of animating with Suikoden III models, but how hard is it to rip from PSX Final Fantasies? The series is too popular, so I figure it must be one that people have tried before, yes? And yet I haven't seen any discussion on the subject here, so I thought I would ask if anyone knows.

Many thanks for any advice you can offer! Smile
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Basic Question: Should I try? - by SierraLatkje - 11-20-2011, 01:05 AM
RE: Basic Question: Should I try? - by yoyonerd - 11-20-2011, 01:40 PM
RE: Basic Question: Should I try? - by valforwing - 11-20-2011, 05:39 PM