Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
MLSS styled Squidward
*facepalm* I really don't see why people abuse the heck out of this style with stuff like this. Spongebob? Really?

Eh..maybe I'm being a jerk here, but I just hate seeing people overuse a style this much. Stuff like this and how it is used as a "first time at spriting" style are the reasons why people started getting sick of this style(including myself). And this was about 3-4 years ago! I'm not sure if this is your first sprite, but if it is..don't use this style as a way to start off getting into the spriting world. You need to be able to know more advanced techniques such as AA, and to be able to make smooth animations since that is practically what the style is all about. That's what gives it it's charm.

I would suggest starting off with something more simple, like 8 bit or something. From there, you can work on your sense of form, more interesting animations(not just standing there and moving an arm around), and perhaps even make up your own style along the way!

EDIT: Also, there is a way to make him fit into the M&L Universe, but there is no way I'm doing that lol. It's like what happened when I did something similar for anime/human characters. Not doing that ever again since people started trying to make anime characters in this style haha
[Image: 9fryz.gif] [Image: QUmE6.gif]
[Image: XwNYE.gif]
[Image: qjGOacY.png]

Click the link below to view the New Super Mario Kart Project! [Seizure Warning]

Messages In This Thread
MLSS styled Squidward - by warioman - 07-10-2011, 09:18 PM
RE: MLSS styled Squidward - by Marth - 07-10-2011, 09:33 PM
RE: MLSS styled Squidward - by Star - 07-10-2011, 11:33 PM