Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[Fangame-Development]Paper Mario: TIF
The main problem with the Mario sprites in those screenshots is that it looks that his tallness/wideness ratio is 60%/150% instead of the 100%/100% you'd want everything to have.

And the turn-based gameplay is the only reason to play the Paper Mario series: SPM was an anomaly and ever will. I mean, the 3DS Paper Mario game will be turn-based only. I don't think it's a good idea to suddenly take away the core gameplay and "make it a recurring minigame". It will, sorta, fail, and likely reduce the experience of the game too.

Man, that's what I hate with fans that didn't follow the series from the beginning <_<

Anyway, I'm glad to see that you have Mallow there. At least you've done proper research. And the Ninja Koopas? Gosh, make sure they pop up multiple times troughout the game. That can't fail.

Oh, and switching the world perspective between 2D/3D was perhaps the only good thing Super Paper Mario introduced. I won't whine if that's included. But the non-turn-based gameplay... bleah.

As well, make sure that game gets a proper difficulty level so that you players will be playing it for reputation instead of witty dialogue. How about enabling multiple difficulties where enemies use more snazzy moves on Difficult?
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
[Fangame-Development]Paper Mario: TIF - by shyan - 04-14-2011, 04:34 PM
RE: [Fangame-Development]Paper Mario: TIF - by Yal - 04-22-2011, 09:18 AM