[x]We're back! After a failure of the drives in our database server, all data has been restored from last night's backup. The last 24 hours or so of submissions will likely need to be re-made but everything else should be okay. Please let me now if you notice anything not working as it should though. Thanks! -Petie

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
LZ77_emanual.arc
I've hit a roadblock I can't overcome in ripping Wii VC graphics. Starting sometime in summer 2008, Virtual Console releases apparently changed how their digital manuals were stored. Before that, they were stored in a U8 format any Wii tool can extract easily. At that point, they began being stored in a file called "LZ77_emanual.arc" which apparently is compressed in both LZ77 and ARC format, but can't be extracted by any tools made for either. The only tool I can find that claims to work on these is U8 Tool Wii, which I tried to run on two computers and it would start on neither. It apparently requires you to have Microsoft Office installed, and even though the second computer I tried has it, it still refused to start, saying specific system files weren't registered, despite them being present.

Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Switch Toolbox seems to work fine. Thank you, Nintendo, for building each new console using the base elements of the last two.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
LZ77_emanual.arc - by TeridaxXD001 - 12-15-2023, 05:49 PM