Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Bridging the Gap - The cultural exchange thread
(05-10-2017, 12:02 PM)kendotlibero Wrote: my turn now
(05-09-2017, 11:48 PM)Gors Wrote: - ok I'll cut the shit are FIFA hacks like the most popular thing among normies right now
B O M B A P A T C H 1 0 0 % A T U A L I Z A D O

does it update brazilian league only or every cup?

It updates Brazilian league, Conmebol league, European league and world cup squads.

kendotlibero asking Gors: Wrote:Are there some "national singers"? i mean pop songs that are pretty known in brazil but not outside of it?

It's good to know that what people know the most about brazilian music (that is, "bossa nova" and "samba") are actually very niche music in Brazil. Yes, of course, we do have Carnaval every february and it's got all those naked women and colorful stuff here and there, but most people listen to Sertanejo Universitário, Pagode and Funk casually.

Sertanejo Universitário (University Country Music) is a "modernized take" on old-fashioned "sertanejo" country music, featuring acoustic guitars with rock band accompainments. It's popular because it often talks about drinking alcohol, sex, skipping university - you know, things that college students do.

Pagode is a more mellow and popular variety of samba and deals with love and relationships, also enjoyed by quite a bit of people.

Brazilian Funk is a misnomer - it actually takes a lot of influence from rap and dirty house electro music, but is so named due to replacing actual Funk music in the parties. It's evolved to be controversial, with references to drugs, abuse, explicit sex and even strong crimes such as killing. It's popular in the favelas and lower-class people.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bridging the Gap - The cultural exchange thread - by Gors - 05-10-2017, 08:43 PM