Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Bridging the Gap - The cultural exchange thread
Kosheh asking kendotlibero Wrote:- How's the gaming scene in Italy? Is the console spec race a thing, or does the economy have more of a shift towards free-to-plays and the PC market?

If we don't count mobile gaming, videogames aren't really a big thing here, almost nobody buys a console since the ps2 and wii, but xbox 360 were pretty common too.
Most videogame players plays f2p pc games, like metin2 and leaugue of legends.

- Is it true that Italians give wine to children during meals? In America this practice is considered child abuse and it's warned that it can cause brain damage. :V
(I assume you have like a non-alcoholic apertif like Beverly) (oh yeah, Americans don't have an apertif so if wine's used like that you might wanna explain that too)
yeah, kinda:
curiosity is pretty common between children, and wine on the Sunday family meeting too. So some parents make children drink a sip of wine if they ask, but they usually don't like then and don't ask again (no, they don't give a 10 year old a glass of wine)
underage drinking and smoking between teenagers is pretty common, tho...

- On that same note is Beverly actually liked by Italians?
(In America there's a "sodas of the world" at Epcot, and Beverly is showcased there. Most people who fill up a cup with it immediately spit it out and empty the cup because the taste is way too strong and tart for American taste buds, because we eat appetizers instead; apertifs are truly a foreign concept to us)

I don't see it very often. In Northen Italy is pretty common the Aperol Sprits for aperitif, a beverage name with Prosecco and Aperol. If you want something without the booze Crodino is usually the way to go.

Kosheh asking both of you Wrote:- ok I'll cut the shit are FIFA hacks like the most popular thing among normies right now
Well, they usually didn't told you that they're selling an hacked fifa/pes cd back in the ps2 days,when the official game wasn't out yet. I don't really know if it was concious or not. My fav is a winning eleven hack with the "Allenatore del Pallone" skin (famous italian movie about soccer) with "Napoli Classico". Diego Armando Maradona was a monster with 99 points in every stat, even in defence.
anyway there isn't a "fanmade" update patch like in Brasil here, everybody kinda lost interest in gaming
- What's the weirdest "Americanized" food you've seen in your country? (Like a hamburger made with the assumption "This is what Americans eat in America", but it's very clearly a mindset in your country)
Big Mac... I think? American food isn't really well recived here because "They don't know how to eat with all those mcdonalds and  calorie-heavy food" is a pretty common way to see american cooking...
- Favorite regional-exclusive McDonald's item?
They exists? Anyway when i go there i usually take some vertigo chips
oh, apparently mcdonald's italian menu is completaly different, take a look http://www.mcdonalds.it/ http://www.burgerking.it/
- Best local pizza topping?
it's pretty hard to choose, since every pizzeria does different toppings in different ways, but my all time favorite is made with walnuts, caciocavallo (a kind of cheese) and bacon, kinda weird but i love it
[Image: photo2jpg.jpg]

my turn now
(05-09-2017, 11:48 PM)Gors Wrote: - ok I'll cut the shit are FIFA hacks like the most popular thing among normies right now
B O M B A P A T C H 1 0 0 % A T U A L I Z A D O

does it update brazilian league only or every cup?

kendotlibero asking Gors: Wrote:Are there some "national singers"? i mean pop songs that are pretty known in brazil but not outside of it?
Thanked by: Garamonde

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bridging the Gap - The cultural exchange thread - by Kendotlibero - 05-10-2017, 12:02 PM