Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The "I like to play as either male/female characters" Thread
I don't care enough to avoid playing games with specifically gendered protagonists... I just want a character with a good design (and personality/story, if the game goes that far). In games where you can choose a character, I used to always choose female characters (Talim, Xiaoyu, etc.) with the exception of ensemble games like Smash Bros. I tend to gravitate towards animal characters more than human anyway, so it's all about design for the most part... I tend to prioritize pink over other colors, but that's become less frequent in the past few years. In games where you can choose I usually pick male and build an avatar of myself, though sometimes I try to build specific OCs or favorite characters instead.

Female characters typically have more unique designs... even in games like Sonic where everyone is a colorful animal, the girls usually get nice outfits and hairstyles and fur patterns while the males are just kind of... templates for how Sonic characters should look. In more realistic games, the males are usually Young Harrison Ford or Matt Damon, or Naruto. Jill Valentine has more thought put into her design than Chris does... Hell, Sheva looks better planned.

With story-based games, I usually stick to the protagonist, because it's their story being told. So in RPGs I usually keep the central character in the party, even if they aren't my favorite.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by: miyabi95_

Messages In This Thread
RE: The "I like to play as either male/female characters" Thread - by Kriven - 10-05-2016, 12:07 PM