Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Character designs: THE SUBJECTIVITY THREAD :'D
Got the nail on the head, Kosh  Tongue . Nothing against people who still love PKMN, or the people who design for it. It's mostly just a thing of the past for me.

Speaking of KOF...

[Image: athena94stance.gif][Image: athena95stance.gif]
I prefer Athena's early designs. I think they bring out more of her background - a Japanese schoolgirl who trains in the mountains of China for the KOF tournament and to protect the world. Safe to say, I thought it was great that they brought it back for her in Capcom vs. SNK 2.
[Image: athena-cvs-kck.gif]
(It states in her Wiki article that she practices wushu, a traditional Chinese martial art. That explains her Chinese-esque outfit.) I like the simplicity of the stylized martial arts gi that she used to wear. Of course, the fact that it's heavily-stylish explains that she's also a Japanese idol.

I'm not a huge fan of her schoolgirl motif that the recent KOF games have stuck with, but I can understand the reasoning behind it (it's a throwback to the game that Athena Asamiya originated from, along with Sie Kensou: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psycho_Soldier).
[Image: athena-12s.gif]
[Image: ErbRIBqVkAUtE8F?format=png&name=900x900]
Instagram Twitch Twitter YouTube

Messages In This Thread
RE: Character designs: good ones and others...not so much - by miyabi95_ - 01-27-2016, 06:28 PM