Users browsing this thread: 20 Guest(s)
Poll: Which Mii Fighter are you going to use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Mii Gunner
18.97%
11 18.97%
The Mii Brawler
24.14%
14 24.14%
The Mii Swordsman
22.41%
13 22.41%
I don't plan on using Miis
34.48%
20 34.48%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|SWITCH HYPE TRAIN NOW BOARDING
(12-22-2015, 03:39 PM)recme Wrote: i never said i hated negative responses about the game. im saying that i hate the way koopaul expresses himself about the game. if he was more civilized about it, like not saying stuff like, "every choice sakurai makes is a bad one."

i guess ill just put him on my ignore list, if thats what you guys call a solution lol :p

More civilized? That's quite insulting. You make it sound as if I demonize the man using derogatory terms. I never dream of doing such a thing. The way you describe my posts, it almost seems like you really don't read what I'm saying. Or you don't understand my point.

The truth of the matter is that Sakurai did NOT make a bad game! That's not what I'm trying to say. It was a very fun game. Of course it was. It's Smash Bros. Smash is inherently fun! It didn't matter who Sakurai put in, or what he did with those characters. The game was always going to be fun. So in a way, the game being fun doesn't mean anything to me. It's just as fun as it was 16 years ago as it is now. What I look forward to in a new Smash game is the new content. And this game, for me, failed to deliver.

The voices thing was to show that Sakurai shows more respect to certain franchises than others. He'll go through painstaking detail to make sure a character is accurate as possible, but then do willy-nilly to other characters. Especially Wario! Look what he did to him. Wario is a mere parody in this game to what a truly great character he is and should be.

If every character got the same treatment, I wouldn't mind as much, but he only does this to certain characters. He has shown me that he simply doesn't have the all-around respect for all of Nintendo's works.

That's what it's all been about. The respect. It's not about making a good game (which he did) Its about being responsible with these franchises and being respectful to all of them. If you are making a game celebrating Nintendo, you need to keep your own personal biases out of it, and do what will best celebrate this company as a whole.

EDIT: As for ignoring me, I feel very insulted. You do realize that by ignoring me it means you won't see my posts for the ENTIRE forum! Not just here. I tested it out on Helmo (don't worry you're fine now) to see how it works. I can't even send you a PM or an email. You should be more responsible with that feature.

Thanked by: BullockDS, Kriven, Koh

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - by Omega - 07-05-2014, 07:02 PM
RE: TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|We have weekly Brawl tournaments - by Koopaul - 12-23-2015, 02:51 AM