Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
NSFW Content
I know of five ways to deal with this...

1) not at all
2) the "click to confirm" approach
3) so called "age verification" using the listed birth date of a user
4) using personal information like credit card numbers
5) ban everything

Option one yields to parents and teachers seeing you as a menace for exposing their innocent little angels to "corruption".
Options two and three are easily circumvented.
Option four will create feelings of distrust and suspicion.
Option five is probably going to piss-off a certain number of users.

I don't recommend anything beyond the account-based age verification.
But also bare in mind if you go anywhere within the realm of age verification, how far are you willing to go with enforcing it, and would the restrictions against certain NSFW content be at all changed?

Depending how far you go on restrictions for viewing the content, the kind of content you allow to be submitted needs to be balanced against that.

In your position, i'd go with either the click to confirm button or banning NSFW altogether.

Putting stuff under another genre/category does kind of make sense. A warning, though, you're making the content actually a bit easier to access by doing that. I already learned when discovering there's some NSFW stuff on this site, that searching "NSFW" tends to find a lot of those sheets. Putting ALL NSFW under its own category would definitely make this even easier.

Another thing with restricting such content is better explained with some of the artifacts we have in real life. There are certain depictions/representations of gods, godesses, and other iconic figures, that are naked. Not necessarily intended in a sexual way. Even so, some people saw the need to censor them, and a few of these artifacts were essentially vandalized. Now, while games and sheets with this content wouldn't be destroyed, they could be blocked from instant access. This normally wouldn't be an issue, but if an otherwise "SFW" game or sheet got classified as NSFW simply because it had one naked chick too many, then there is a bit of a problem.

I'm not implying you're planning to take any extreme measures here, just saying be careful with whatever decision or choices you make, and with a subject like this, there is absolutely no pleasing everyone.

p.s.
What exactly is the limit of NSFW material here?
I'm still not completely sure, as I don't recall finding any specific guidelines about it.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
NSFW Content - by Dazz - 12-03-2015, 03:42 AM
RE: NSFW Content - by DarkGrievous7145 - 12-03-2015, 04:58 AM
RE: NSFW Content - by Skyla Doragono - 12-03-2015, 05:51 AM
RE: NSFW Content - by puggsoy - 12-03-2015, 05:56 AM
RE: NSFW Content - by Dazz - 12-03-2015, 06:06 AM
RE: NSFW Content - by Gors - 12-03-2015, 06:25 AM
RE: NSFW Content - by Dolphman - 12-03-2015, 08:06 AM
RE: NSFW Content - by psychospacecow - 12-03-2015, 12:07 PM
RE: NSFW Content - by Dazz - 12-03-2015, 12:33 PM
RE: NSFW Content - by DarkGrievous7145 - 12-03-2015, 03:07 PM