Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Steven Universe: Attack the Light Graphics Organization?
(10-21-2015, 09:45 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: IDK how you'll separate them and put 'em together properly because as we know, tons of unrelated parts are stuffed together.

Carefully and Tediously.
Back before I knew vector-based movieclips in flash games could be rendered as png through adobe flash, I exported the 'shapes' as .svg, then the .svg's as .png, and used screenshots as ref. to slowly re-build the sprite... was REALLY tedious, though, and I never did entire animations this way. I also have only done maybe 20-30 of these still-frames... imagine why?

In the case of this game, though...IDK how feasible this is for anyone, sorted parts are not. The animations are complex, and we so far can't open those res files in any program that entirely supports them, other than the actual game. Flash has decompilers, and the animations can be exported through one as .fla, besides their frames viewed one at a time. (excluding newer technologies involving sprite sheet formats similar to this game... and programmed animations) I suppose this could be done, but the odds against the re-built animations being 1:1 with how they appear in-game are pretty astronomical. Not to say they'll look bad, but it might really trip someone's OCD to know even ONE frame is off by a pixel or one degree of rotation, etc... And regardless, manually putting those back together is a massive project. Could discourage developers/animators from using them.

With all that said, I would still strongly advise cracking the animation format. Looks like Ploaj is having a lot more success with that, though, so that's good.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Steven Universe: Attack the Light Graphics Organization? - by DarkGrievous7145 - 10-21-2015, 11:15 PM