Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon [3DS]
(05-02-2015, 09:49 AM)TGE Wrote: Noticed the 0x78 0x9C patterns, which means the file is zlib compressed!
Use offzip to decompress the file
eg:

Code:
offzip.exe -a -1 "C:\Users\TGE\Downloads\ghost simple\ghosthider.data" "C:\Users\TGE\Downloads\ghost simple" 0

It doesn't appear to be using CGFX but I have a gut feeling it's a modified version of the propreitary model format. (looks like it's the case!)
 I remember looking at the files .data files a while back and found the files were zlib compressed (I remember telling ItsEasyActually about it, dont think he did much with the info), but be aware, the bundle.data files can be grab bags, sometimes they are compressed sometimes they aren't (some of the level models are not compressed for example). Edit: I forgot to mention, not all .data files are zlib compressed, most notably any of the tweaker files (the tweaker being a debugger iirc), the credits, and any global.data files, and another note, some of the files seem eerily similar to mario strikers nis format, they are the files in the properly named nis folder and are slightly modified versions of the Strikers nis files. A lot of LM2 seems a bit similar to strikers, mostly file layout, format, and debugging (both use tweakers, lm2's is probably just compressed) wise. (Really sorry about the edits, I keep forgetting to mention things that are probably really important)
Thanked by: TGE

Messages In This Thread
RE: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon [3DS] - by TGE - 05-02-2015, 09:49 AM
RE: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon [3DS] - by SpaceCats - 05-02-2015, 04:59 PM
RE: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon [3DS] - by TGE - 05-03-2015, 08:53 AM