Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The End Is Near: Gamestop accepting retro game trade-ins
(04-30-2015, 01:05 PM)TomGuycott Wrote: On the subject of old game reproductions, if they don't do it already then I feel like the reproducers should make various signs of reproduction on the mother board or wherever it would be difficult to undo that kind of thing. If I ever wanted a reproduction of a rare game and someone was leery about doing it for me, I'd be all like "just sodder a Dickbutt inside it, that way they know it's not legit."

Most repro makers like Rose Colored Gaming usually "sacrifice" another cartridge's motherboard that has similar specs and flash a different game onto a ROM chip which is then soldered to the cart. They do it in a way that's pretty cool, actually and make sure to do a professional-looking, clean soldering job. Chinese bootlegs generally have their own boards with the cartridge being dependent on a battery - if the battery runs dry, so does the entire game, not just the save data. They also do an incredibly shitty soldering job that looks like a third grader soldered the chips on.

(04-30-2015, 01:21 PM)Kriven Wrote: They should put the indicator right on the outside of the cartridge. Just add a "Date of Manufacture" right on the back.

It's usually on the label of the repro cartridge. Repro teams generally are good about that kind of thing. Heck, they even make reproduction labels that all state REPRODUCTION LABEL so you know it's been replaced.

(04-30-2015, 02:56 PM)Helmo Wrote: The majority of bootleg games at gamestop are DS games, but there were plenty of GBA ones back when they had them. I see them all the time when looking through the DS section.

I must live in a good town or something...then. I've only seen one DS bootleg, ever and it's 'cos one of my coworkers at my current job bought it off of eBay...but yeah, all the DS games I've ever purchased all check out.

Then again, I don't think I've ever bought a DS game without the box first, lol
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: psychospacecow

Messages In This Thread
RE: The End Is Near: Gamestop accepting retro game trade-ins - by Kosheh - 04-30-2015, 10:12 PM