Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Lycoris [writing]
You need punctuation in there. As VS said, you have many short sentences. Short sentences are for giving an effect of suspense or dynamicity. You give long-winded explanations (due to the lack of punctuation) that I personally can't take seriously, and I even lol'd:
Quote:“…In the land of misery I'm searchin' for the sign…” He turned out quickly and looked behind him. He felt as if he was being watched (cliché, avoid). He looked at a pair of shrubs that sat (inadequate) behind him. He walked towered(reread carefully Wink) the shrubs and this(avoid, colloquialism) giant black thing jumped out from behind them(who?). You’d be surprised on how the thing even managed to hide behind there. It hit him with the back of its hand. He flew into his tree hitting it hard. He fell to the ground and his head hurt quite a lot. He reached his hand to touch were his head hit the tree. He felt a warm liquid and(too many of those, make use of more punctuation, it's more effective) he brought his hand to look at the color and it was red. He looked up at the black thing and it looked like(is it a giant rabbit or does it just look like one?) a giant rabbit. It was standing on its two hind legs and had claw like fingers. It had a long jagged tail and ears and it had two round eyes which glowed a deep dark blue. It looked at him with a very toothy grin and all of its teeth were fangs.
Never use "thing", it's big down: try and use more synonyms, expand your vocabulary. Your explanation is like a humouristic aparté to your readers, so you should reformulate it. Conctractions aren't a good idea after. The dark bunny thing reminded me of Monty Python =P.
Ah, a suggestion among many:
He felt a warm liquid and he brought his hand to look at the color and it was red.
"A warm liquid slid down the back of his head. The boy placed his hand on it, and brought it before his eyes: it was blood."
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Lycoris [writing] - by Maxpphire - 01-01-2009, 06:20 AM
RE: Lycoris [writing] - by Alpha Six - 01-02-2009, 04:03 PM
RE: Lycoris [writing] - by Vipershark - 01-02-2009, 09:10 PM
RE: Lycoris [writing] - by Maxpphire - 01-03-2009, 02:29 AM
RE: Lycoris [writing] - by Chris2Balls [:B] - 01-06-2009, 10:01 AM
RE: Lycoris [writing] - by Vipershark - 01-06-2009, 03:56 PM
RE: Lycoris [writing] - by Chris2Balls [:B] - 01-06-2009, 08:03 PM