Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy VI IOS (More) Image ripping
(12-07-2014, 07:54 AM)Deathbringer Wrote: I think the tmb is just map data, as in programing that is used to build the various locations in-game. They all have...

Code:
xsi scene root object
... in the coding and they have reference different pngs.

You know something? I think those files are the assets for the world map 3D models used for towns. Take a look at this picture. It's the castle figaro and it uses the same texture as the file Figaro1.png that was included in the same directory.

Okay, I guess the hunt will have to turn to a different location!

In another folder called "Events" I found tilesets for the town, caves, military camp, and doma. Also, in a directory named "Screen," what appears to be parallax maps for the mountains and Kekfa's tower. I'm thinking the Events are specifically for cut-scenes, hence why it's lacking town interior, figaro, narshe, WoB towns, etc. The question remains where the bulk of the tilesets are stored, though.

I've included the Event and Screen folder in a new download (17mb).

... Bah, the only other directory I can find that references maps is filled with about 400 .bin files. The only 2 that seem to easily be open via 7zip is map003 and map007. The file inside just appears to be an extensionless file that's definitely not bmp or png. For those interested in giving this a crack here the 68mb file.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Final Fantasy VI IOS (More) Image ripping - by frago_roc - 12-07-2014, 06:00 PM