Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy IV CC PAC0.bin and PAC1.bin files
Hello, I found a graphics package extracted from FF4 Complete Collection on this page a while back. But unfortunately, the graphics and tilesets included is only of the first part of the game (FF4), and not The After Years. 
This is the link of the topic:
FFIV: Complete Collection (I think his links were down).

So now I would like to extract those files myself, but this must decrypt two .bin files, which contain the resources used in the game. 
One is PAC0.bin, which contains a list of game files (weighs about 400Kb), and then there's the PAC1.bin (300Mb) containing the resources themselves. I would figure out how to unpack those files, since I have already tried with MagicISO and Daemon Tools, and I have not gotten any results.

Looking for other forums (Xentax is one of them), I saw that someone had managed to unpack, but the tool that made it was lost.

I can not give you a link to those .bin files since my internet connection is slow and I do not have much time.

The graphics within these files are in .lzs format as I have understood. There is a decrypting tool made for that format in the folowing link:
FF4 .lzs decrypter

I know that's asking a lot for a newcomer, but I also like to contribute something to this forum and also to take advantage of some of those graphics.

Thanks for your help in advance!
Thanked by: Ton

Messages In This Thread
Final Fantasy IV CC PAC0.bin and PAC1.bin files - by Oscar92player - 10-16-2014, 02:19 PM