Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Hacking PS2 game files - Extracting images?
For the first image, it is 8bit indexed with 32bit RGBA pallete. Pallete size is 1024 and starts before image data. Apparently it should look like this:

Another person was able to get this, but failed to elaborate more as to what they did. I tried to reproduce this but for some reason it doesn't work and I get something like this:

Ether I am reading the bmp data wrong and pointing to the wrong palette indexes, or my palette is loaded with the wrong colors.

Inside the sample file, I see the first color in the palette to be '00 00 00 00' and the 2nd one to be '6C 91 99 80'. I assume (lets take the 2nd palette color) R = 6C, G = 91, B = 99, and Alpha = 80? I tried re-arranging them around incase that was the issue, but it seems if I do something like ARGB instead of RGBA, the colors just get worse.

So I don't know. In the clean image, the first pixel is clearly almost black (0, 0, 8). However, if I read the BMP data the first palette index is '17' hex, which as an unsigned int is 23. And at that palette index, the color is #57348a which is purple?

Anyways I'm pretty lost. I don't understand why it's coming up so strange. And I don't see a problem with my parsing of the BMP data or Palette data. Hopefully someone else can see a problem, or use the given information to properly reproduce the original image and see where the trouble lies?
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hacking PS2 game files - Extracting images? - by supercom32 - 09-18-2014, 01:09 AM