Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Hacking PS2 game files - Extracting images?
Hey Everyone,

I've been asked by a friend to help them rip some graphics from a PS2 game so I've given it my best shot.

From what I can tell, the game stores images in non-discript *.BIN files concatinated together, which appears (to laymen eyes) to contain palette information + raw BMP data. I can see this because if I view the data using something like GIMP I can see the graphics (though they look corrupt).

Here is an example of what I mean:

[Image: example.png]

As you can see, the raw BMP data can be seen for the first image, but the palette information is all wrong. To make matters more complicated, no matter what I do, I can't seem to unscramble the other images under it as they always come out jumbled regardless of any width I set for them. Maybe they are stored in a diffrent format? Even if I got these images to show up, I'm not even sure what a reliable way would be to seperate them since there doesn't appear to be any headers/footers for each image to cut with.

Here is the Sample file in question for those who think they might know more than me!

Any experienced people have any ideas?
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Hacking PS2 game files - Extracting images? - by supercom32 - 09-16-2014, 09:59 AM