Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Depictions of Women in Gaming (and other related issues)
(02-27-2014, 11:16 AM)Koopaul Wrote: Well fanservice is a guilty pleasure among many. There's even fanservice made for females, but it's sadly rare and I think it's unfair. There should be more sexy males for the female audience too!

It's an unfortunate side effect of males outnumbering females in various "masculine" fields and hobbies. If there were more females from the beginning in the world of video games, there probably be more of an increase in "non offending female characters" and an increase in male characters made with an intent of fan service in mind.

Considering that not all men are prudes (for lack of a better word), some men tend to slip at least a little fan service by and might do a nod to a fetish or two (hence why there are tentacles in a good deal of Japanese media). Some males can't help their dirty desires and they tend to look for a way to vent it out to satisfy it. If it's done in ways that are not too tasteless and not very frequent, I'm sure a fair amount of the population would accept that. Otherwise, I would ask the developers to cut back on the questionable eye candy for their own good.
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Depictions of Women in Gaming (and other related issues) - by E-Man - 02-27-2014, 11:46 AM