Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
RMS
(09-29-2013, 12:37 PM)Gors Wrote: idk about the character sprite, I personally would like to see a character designed from a mantis shrimp, than a mantis shrimp, if you know what i mean

the game is really simple atm so ill wait until it's a tad more developed to give more input.

Do you mean like an anthropomorphic mantis shrimp (or partially, etc), a person with mantis shrimp-like attachments or costume, so on and so forth? Part of the point of the game is that you're playing as a robot based on a mantis shrimp, and your goal is basically to break things. I personally feel like deviating the player character further from a mantis shrimp detracts from this, but to each his own.

(10-01-2013, 12:12 PM)Terminal Devastation Wrote: I can't thank hard enough. Needs to be more games with stomatopods. Really. They're amazing animals with so much potential.

(09-29-2013, 12:37 PM)Gors Wrote: idk about the character sprite, I personally would like to see a character designed from a mantis shrimp, than a mantis shrimp, if you know what i mean

I'd like to see this as well, but having attempted characters designed from them twice before, I understand how difficult it can be to keep them from becoming a lobster. (or just REALLY busy on the head detail).

Would still be neat to see done.

Anyways: It would be nice if you added some objects in the background to show the scale... since due to just how much force real mantis shrimp can generate, how big the character really is has an influence on how forceful each impact needs to look.
You can generally assume that RMS-001 is about the same size as a normal mantis shrimp (something like a foot in length IIRC?).
As development progresses I'll throw in more things that will better define the scale (for example, I'm planning to have an aquarium level which could feature you crawling past humans to get to different tanks), but obviously it's a bit early to implement a lot of stuff like that.
Also the numbers I took are measured values from various mantis shrimp documentaries (1500 newtons, etc), I'm pretty sure the TED talk had some more specifics.

(10-01-2013, 11:52 PM)Psycho Wrote: *gasp* dettadeus, you have an account here? Surprise
well actually, you're a spriter, so that makes sense.

I'm not stalking you or anything lol, but i'm still following this little project of yours. can't wait to see more updates.

ssh people aren't supposed to know i'm detta

also expect another update sometime this week since i'm not actually getting my wisdom teeth out yet
[Image: sig7.gif]
Spriting thread
[Image: crawl.gif]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RMS - by SparkMouse - 09-29-2013, 11:40 AM
RE: RMS - by Gors - 09-29-2013, 12:37 PM
RE: RMS - by Terminal Devastation - 10-01-2013, 12:12 PM
RE: RMS - by Psycho - 10-01-2013, 11:52 PM
RE: RMS - by SparkMouse - 10-02-2013, 12:30 AM
RE: RMS - by Vlad Ⅲ - 10-02-2013, 09:41 AM