Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
NES Pallete Accuracy?
personally (a pixelartist's view, not a ripper), considering that tSR is an archive of sprites for reference of graphics, I think it's too anal to complain about palette correctness for such a thing. Of course, when the palette is obviously off, that must be corrected, but when the discrepancy is produced by inevitable compression, or emulation differences, I don't really mind. Extracting the correct palette and protecting from compression is difficult, and so is rescanning all NES sheets to ensure all sprites use those colors. And the difference will not be too big either so I doubt there will come something good out of this.

So, an 'accurate' palette, as you put it, is any palette that has been extracted from the console at some point, disregarding any minucious changes that happen while saving it. Simple as that. It isn't practical for me to check the sheets and tell which one is accurate, but for me, it it's similar enough and follows the same tiling rules, it's A-OK.

Also, if you decide to go technical about NES sprites, you should re-check all SNES, GBA, Genesis, MSX, TG-16, Master System, C64 etc sprites in existence because they also have similar color limitations.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: Maxpphire, Garamonde

Messages In This Thread
NES Pallete Accuracy? - by Gaia - 09-15-2013, 12:32 PM
RE: NES Pallete Accuracy? - by Gors - 09-15-2013, 02:12 PM
RE: NES Pallete Accuracy? - by Gaia - 09-15-2013, 02:38 PM
RE: NES Pallete Accuracy? - by Gors - 09-15-2013, 03:21 PM
RE: NES Pallete Accuracy? - by Sengir - 09-15-2013, 03:42 PM
RE: NES Pallete Accuracy? - by Gors - 09-16-2013, 07:28 AM