[x]We're back! After a failure of the drives in our database server, all data has been restored from last night's backup. The last 24 hours or so of submissions will likely need to be re-made but everything else should be okay. Please let me now if you notice anything not working as it should though. Thanks! -Petie

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Getting serious on designs
Oh wow. Oh wow. I sort of vaguely knew a lot of the information given, but having it repeated in clearer detail really helps.
And that super hero tip had far greater effect that I could have expected. I had previously thought just the pose would make for a pretty confident heroic looking guy but look what it did to Gold.
[Image: pr7s.png]
It turned him from a slightly confident looking dude, to someone not only heroic but HUGE... everything Gold was supposed to be.
I think I messed up his shading somewhere, and maybe caused a few angles to go awry (And I think I might have lost his sense of balance in there too), but wow... it's so worth it.

Bronze is a bit of a different story. First of, despite a miscommunication on what I wanted him to be, you're right, this is a really slacker-type pose and ill-suited for what I want him to be.
He's suposed to be more of a clever and practical fragile speedster than a lazy person.
[Image: v2th.png]
it's less refined than gold's alteration, but I just wanted to feel out a few poses and see if any of them give off the right impression (first ones I used a donatello as a pose reference, the second is what I thought the spear users in Castlevania: Harmony of dissonance used, third is what they actually use)
Also tried out a different pallete for bronze. I'm liking the contrast better on it... but I still don't like it. It's creeping into wood/clay pallete territory, and I'm not sure how to fix that. I've tried a lot just to get to the first pallete, using references for real life bronze statues, adding green as a shade (that ended up cluttering everything)... trying more red. But I really need to make sure bronze is bronze and not wood clay or copper. Especailly copper.
The three knights have a rival knight each. Iron for Silver, Brass for Gold
and this guy:
[Image: ydj1.png]
is the shady merchant knight Copper, Bronze's rival.
So I need my palletes pretty exacting, so they look like different materials.
(I actually have other things sprited for this, Like Iron and Brass, but I'm wanting to focus more on a few things first rather than the whole lot of them.)
Christianity is my faith not my religion. And neither should be pushed upon people.
HELP-Need as much C+C and playtesting as I can get on my SHMUP Megaman reimagining!
[Image: mx9RKdo.png]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Getting serious on designs - by Sketchasaurus - 06-27-2013, 09:11 PM
RE: Getting serious on designs - by x0_000 - 06-27-2013, 09:23 PM
RE: Getting serious on designs - by Terminal Devastation - 06-28-2013, 08:33 PM
RE: Getting serious on designs - by TheShyGuy - 04-24-2014, 04:42 PM
RE: Getting serious on designs - by TheShyGuy - 06-28-2014, 08:14 PM