Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
[GAME IDEA/CONCEPT ART] 3rd-Person Action-Survival Shooter
(12-17-2008, 08:57 PM)LilGrim1991 Wrote: It sounds pretty cool, but thinking ahead, in practice, is the stress real-time? If so, is the player literally going to make their character stand still for awhile to get their stress down? (Which obviously a bad thing), and if so, how would you counteract this? No-safe zones? Enemies showing up in sets of time, regardless of location? Just wonderin'

It would depend on how quickly stress goes down from standing still. Thinking realistically, just stand still and doing nothing doesn't help with stress so much as just calm you down. I can see it slowly reducing a fixed amount of stress over time, but eventually you're going to have to make progress to make any major changes, in my opinion.

Time-activated enemies sounds like a neat idea, but I'd think there would have to be at least a couple areas where you don't have to worry about enemies. Stress-wise, to counteract the 'safeness' of the area, there could be something in the story that the hero has to do; someone to save, or something, that prevents the hero from losing all of his stress.

But, hey-- I'm not Tyvon. Tongue
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: [GAME IDEA/CONCEPT ART] 3rd-Person Action-Survival Shooter - by Omegakyogre - 12-17-2008, 10:06 PM