Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Let me take a good dump and touch your face [art]
(05-11-2013, 12:07 PM)Mr. Popo Wrote:
(05-10-2013, 01:59 PM)DarkOverord Wrote: did you draw the head, then hair, then body?

Depends on what you mean when you say that.

Normally I start with a base (or skeleton), and yeah I can say that I started with the head on the skeleton but when I start going into detail I start with the body then once I'm done with that I'll shift the head if I feel I need to.

I'm not typically "good" at lining up proportions however. But it does help when someone gives me that key pointer.

I'm posting the reference because I did start out drawing based off this. So I might have missed a few things. I'm probably going to take a closer look at this and see if I can tell where I need to go with the piece itself.

I didn't phrase my question the best but you certainly answered it. What you've said is perfect and helps me understand how your creative process works! Wink You basically don't work how I was asking which is overly detail first and move on, which is good in the long run! Chris made some excellent points though! Big Grin

My advice here is if you struggle lining up where things go is to draw a some simplistic figures to try and better understand the body, break the body down into basic shapes and see where things sit. Try and get references where you can see the body better, less hair or clothes in the way, male or female. Not to stop you making anything more detailed, but the practice with more simplistic proportioned figures should help!
Thanked by: Kakashifan, DioShiba

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let me take a good dump and touch your face [art] - by DarkOverord - 05-11-2013, 04:48 PM