Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[Game Maker 8 Pro]Comprehensive Gameboy Zelda Engine
(04-21-2013, 12:38 PM)Previous Wrote: I think the trees shouldn't have such a round shape, but be more jaggy to match the leave pattern. The grass tiles could tile a bit better, there's some horizontal lines visible.

I kinda like how it drifts away from the original zelda graphics, but still maintains a zelda-esque vibe somehow.
I tried my best to fix up the grass, as I really couldn't see the lines XD. As for the trees...I just wanted to stay within the outline of the original tiles while making them more detailed XD.

(04-21-2013, 01:19 PM)jad4321 Wrote: Really smooth here man! It's seriously close to how the real games are. Nice job. When I get more time I'll look it over and such more^^
Thanks~

(04-21-2013, 10:10 PM)Phaze Wrote: The ones on the right kind of remind me of Secret of Mana. Neat stuff Tongue
You know, the Mana games have some really nice graphics, and serve as a really good example.

I thought I'd go ahead and post what I have done on the upcoming version so far, to keep you guys updated.

=========================================
Upcoming Version 1.0.0.0
=========================================
-Updated the Golden Shovel to dig all 8 tiles (if possible) around Link as well as giving him double spoils.
-Implemented a pausing system.
-Implemented the equipment menu.
-Implemented the chest system.
-Implemented the item holding system.
-Implemented the Level 1-4 Swords (Fighter's, Master, Tempered and Golden).
-Implemented the Sword Beam system.
-Implemented the bush system.
-Implemented the leaf particle system.
-Implemented the random item drop script.
-Implemented the Heart Piece and Heart Container systems.
-Removed all testing keys.
-Implemented Rain and Thunder.
-Updated the rupee system to increase or decrease the counter by higher rates than 1, based on how much the counter is going to be affected.
-Improved the Circle and Rectangle transitions slightly.
-Improved the Scrolling transitions slightly.
-Implemented the Level 1-3 Shields (Figther's, Fireproof, and Mirror).
-Added more maps.
-Implemented Cliff Jumping.
-Implemented the Level 1 Rocs Item (Feather).
-Implemented Fairies.
-Slowed the movement of pushblocks.
-Rewrote Link's movement engine to function as a velocity system.
-Implemented Rolling, using double key tapping for Link.
-Updating prepackaged graphics as practice in that section, as well as giving the engine a better graphical appeal.
-Implemented "big rooms" where the camera has freedom to move around until the "edge" is reached. Works for any size room, however, it is recommended to have all "connected" rooms the same size, for scrolling transitions to work smoothly.

As well as a couple of teaser shots. In these shots though, a lot of graphics are still being updated, as you probably guessed.
[Image: CGBZE-30_zps090572c8.png] [Image: CGBZE-31_zpsd72aba1b.png] [Image: CGBZE-32_zps28425ab4.png]
[Image: tamerkoh.gif?9][Image: DevBanner.png][Image: Youtube.gif]DLBROOKS33
Thanked by: Phaze, puggsoy

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Game Maker 8 Pro]Comprehensive Gameboy Zelda Engine - by Koh - 05-01-2013, 04:24 PM