Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Puggsoy's Bunch of Applications
Super Laser Map Organiser is here!

So here's a new program, and the most useless one yet! I was working on this for Hammster so he could organise the maps from Super Laser: The Alien Fighter, but Previous beat me to it. Still, I decided I may as well finish it, and now that there wasn't any hurry I took my time to polish it up a bit.

In addition, I had a go at making it cross-platform too: that is, you can install and run it on Windows, Mac, Linux, and probably any other desktop computer operating systems (like Debian or whatever). It's not particularly difficult to make or compile it this way (after all this is essentially Flash, which is itself cross-platform), but since I only have Windows I can't test it anywhere else. Most of the stuff works the same, but sometimes certain features (like menus) work differently depending on the OS. For example, on Windows and Linux I can use window menus, while on Mac OS X uses application menus instead (at the top of the screen). Also Dock menus are only available on OS X.

Anyway, that said, it would be cool if people would be able to test this for me on different operating systems. From my knowledge most Linux distributions function essentially the same as Windows, so my main concern is Mac, but really any feedback is welcome.
If this works well, I'll also upgrade Palettifier and Background Remover to be cross-platform. This isn't possible with VGSC for technical reasons, so unfortunately that will stay Windows only for the time being.

So yeah, you can download Super Laser Map Organiser here. It's one installer for all operating systems, with the .air extension (it'll just run like any other executable). These installers warn you that installing the program is a security risk, but that's true for any program you download. You can rest assured that I won't delete your Program Files folder or mess up your registry Tongue
I'll update the first post soon with the download link, screenshots, and instructions.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: Garamonde, Phaze

Messages In This Thread
Puggsoy's Bunch of Applications - by puggsoy - 10-18-2012, 06:00 AM
RE: Puggsoy's Bunch of Applications - by Mag - 10-18-2012, 06:46 AM
RE: Puggsoy's Bunch of Applications - by Phaze - 10-18-2012, 09:04 AM
RE: Puggsoy's Bunch of Applications - by Shade - 10-18-2012, 09:10 PM
RE: Puggsoy's Bunch of Applications - by puggsoy - 10-24-2012, 10:53 AM
RE: Puggsoy's Bunch of Applications - by puggsoy - 10-24-2012, 12:10 PM
RE: Puggsoy's Bunch of Applications - by Previous - 10-24-2012, 11:28 AM
RE: Puggsoy's Bunch of Applications - by puggsoy - 01-23-2013, 03:14 PM
RE: Puggsoy's Bunch of Applications - by puggsoy - 03-30-2013, 01:33 PM
RE: Puggsoy's Bunch of Applications - by puggsoy - 04-18-2013, 11:47 AM