Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Custom robot and other sprites for beatem-up
yea the edges are just leftovers from removed background, theyre noticeable on first sprites on top, recently i cleaned sprites more careful from backgrounds, ingame theyre not that visible on background with lots of different colours, after rescaling sprites down theres less jaggies but also loss of more and more detail, im planning to re-render the new ones anyway so i will keep an eye to keep the edges clean, i did it on dark backgrounds at first but recent tests from yesterday proved that its better to use violet/pink background , downside is that it blends a bit with outlines after rendering but its also easier to remove than dark colours, if it would be up to me i wouldnt let background to blend but thats the limitation of software.I know that using vectors would retain best quality when resizing but i wouldnt be able to do such smooth anims in software that allows using vector graphics.
On what particular sprite you see jaggies and where so i could try to get rid of it ?
Forums color profile isnt exactly sprites friendly as no game has plain white background so outlines could be really visible too much, on darker colours or at least gray its not that big of a problem.
Thanked by: Bombshell93

Messages In This Thread
RE: Custom robot and other sprites for beatem-up - by 2blackbar - 02-03-2013, 06:21 AM