Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Mario's Sticker Stage
This is just something I'm working on to give myself a little break from Super Mario Classic. I think a little focus on this will help me focus on Classic once this is done.

Mario's Sticker Stage is a minigame that's basically a combination of the battle system from Paper Mario Sticker Star with the audience and refinements of The Thousand-Year Door, rolled into an endurance-type thing.

[Image: datloogie_zpsa299a5d6.png]

Like in The Thousand-Year Door, the audience is randomly generated in random seats. (All the Luigis are just placeholders for now - when I finish Luigi's programming I'll start adding new audience members.)

The audience is fully interactive, cheering for you when you do well.

[Image: luigischeer_zpsf56c6b7b.png]

They'll even throw items at you!

[Image: luigitoss_zps26f1cdeb.png]

And you can even rile them up with a Stylish move or two.

[Image: stylishmove_zps826bf828.png]

The battle system itself is more like Sticker Star though. Before your turn you can purchase a variety of stickers using coins you've won from battle. You then use these stickers to defeat the enemies in waves to get more coins and time bonuses. As you get the audience to cheer for you, they give you Flower Points, which you use to level up your health, unlock better stickers for purchase, and make currently available stickers cheaper.

The individual members of the audience will have certain move preferences. For example, Luigi loves it when Mario attacks but won't like it as much when you use a Partner-sticker. Goombas hate Jump-attacks while Hammer Brothers love Hammer-attacks. Using their preferred attacks gives you more Flower Points while their disinterest will get you less. And of course, doing poorly overall will make them leave or throw rocks at you.

It's still in progress right now, but so far the audience is almost completely programmed and a rudimentary Mario is in place to expand upon.

EDIT: I've pretty much got the Audience down-pat, so I've started adding more types of audience members.

[Image: MoreAudienceTypes_zpsadfce744.png]

You're just as likely to get one as any other, but obviously you can't have more than one Luigi.

You can also attack audience members who want to throw something at you.

[Image: MarioAttackingAudience_zps3ee65e8e.png]

... But if they're throwing something helpful, attacking them not only makes them leave, but demoralizes the rest of the audience.

[Image: AudienceLeaving_zps0d921dc8.png]

... To the point where many of them will also leave most of the time.

But, of course, performing well will begin to fill in the empty seats once more. It may not happen every time you do an attack (unless you're being Stylish), but it'll happen.
[Image: StickerStageItems.png]
Check out this review blog thing I do! Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Nintendo Switch was the latest review!

Messages In This Thread
Mario's Sticker Stage - by Zero Kirby - 01-11-2013, 07:56 PM
RE: [Fangame] Mario's Sticker Stage - by puggsoy - 01-12-2013, 11:03 AM
RE: [Fangame] Mario's Sticker Stage - by recme - 01-13-2013, 03:25 PM
RE: [Fangame] Mario's Sticker Stage - by puggsoy - 01-13-2013, 04:11 PM
RE: [Fangame] Mario's Sticker Stage - by Candel - 01-13-2013, 05:01 PM
RE: [Fangame] Mario's Sticker Stage - by puggsoy - 01-14-2013, 04:22 AM
RE: [Fangame] Mario's Sticker Stage - by Kriven - 01-15-2013, 06:40 AM
RE: [Fangame] Mario's Sticker Stage - by puggsoy - 05-02-2013, 02:07 PM