Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
[Game Maker 8 Pro]Comprehensive Gameboy Zelda Engine
(11-27-2012, 04:00 AM)puggsoy Wrote: The Minish Cap is the only handheld version of Zelda with bottles, iirc. Not counting OoT 3D, of course. But even Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks don't have them, you can buy bottles of potion but no empty bottle is left behind for other uses.
Most handheld versions have replacements for fairies in bottles though (which is what I assume most people use bottles for). The Oracle of Ages had Magic Potion (Seasons too probably), and PH and ST have Purple Potion. Link's Awakening might be the only one without, although I haven't played it for a while so I could be forgetting something.

Anyway, this looks great. I don't use GameMaker but if I ever feel the need to make a Zelda game with no special mechanics this will probably be better than making an entire engine myself.

Are you thinking of adding a trading game feature after you've got most of the stuff covered?
A Link to the Past was the first Zelda game to have bottles Smile. Link's Awakening's Crazy Tracey's Secret Medicine was pretty much like a fairy in a bottle. As for the trading sequence, probably, but I'd likely follow the Oracle games' trading or whatever. But it'll be doable, yes.

Just a heads up that this is still being worked on. However, the next update is going to be a large one (though the major version number may still be 0 XD.)

Here's what's done so far:

-Updated the Golden Shovel to dig all 8 tiles (if possible) around Link as well as giving him double spoils.
-Implemented a pausing system.
-Implemented the equipment menu.
-Implemented the chest system.
-Implemented the item holding system.
-Implemented the Level 1-4 Swords (Fighter's, Master, Tempered and Golden).
-Implemented the Sword Beam system.
-Implemented the bush system.
-Implemented the leaf particle system.
-Implemented the random item drop script.
-Implemented the Heart Piece and Heart Container systems.
-Removed all testing keys.

And a few teaser shots:
[Image: CGBZE-21.png] [Image: CGBZE-22.png] [Image: CGBZE-23.png] [Image: CGBZE-24.png]
[Image: tamerkoh.gif?9][Image: DevBanner.png][Image: Youtube.gif]DLBROOKS33

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Game Maker 8 Pro]Comprehensive Gameboy Zelda Engine - by Koh - 12-02-2012, 03:15 PM