Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[Game Maker 8 Pro]Comprehensive Gameboy Zelda Engine
The Minish Cap is the only handheld version of Zelda with bottles, iirc. Not counting OoT 3D, of course. But even Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks don't have them, you can buy bottles of potion but no empty bottle is left behind for other uses.
Most handheld versions have replacements for fairies in bottles though (which is what I assume most people use bottles for). The Oracle of Ages had Magic Potion (Seasons too probably), and PH and ST have Purple Potion. Link's Awakening might be the only one without, although I haven't played it for a while so I could be forgetting something.

Anyway, this looks great. I don't use GameMaker but if I ever feel the need to make a Zelda game with no special mechanics this will probably be better than making an entire engine myself.

Are you thinking of adding a trading game feature after you've got most of the stuff covered?
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Game Maker 8 Pro]Comprehensive Gameboy Zelda Engine - by puggsoy - 11-27-2012, 04:00 AM