Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sprites into paper miniatures for D&D
I've been working on a big project for my current and upcoming D&D campaign.

I had my campaign all written out, but I need miniatures to represent the PC's, NPC's, and monsters. Brand miniatures were too expensive so I had to come up with something on my own. I saw paper miniatures all over the interweb, I thought "That's a great idea, and cheap!" but all the paper mini series didn't quite have the variety I wanted. Now I'm to the point of making my own. I'm more than capable of drawing them, but I would need to do them digitally and I do not own a tablet (plus I'm horrible with scale). I decided to use Fire Emblem sprites as my miniatures, along with a mix of other games. I'm pretty good at editing sprites, and all the minis would be to scale.

I currently have a large collection of partially and fully customized sprites. I print them out and put them on a stand and WALLAH! Homemade miniatures.

Here are a few. Not my favorites but this is our current adventuring party.

[Image: dnd_party_by_viscioushero-d5l5pjq.png]
From left to right... Adran Half-Elf Wizard, Carric Elven Ranger, Xath Human Paladin, Keothi Goliath Warden, ??? Gnome ???, Flint Shifter Barbarian, and ??? Dragonborn Warlord. (The people I play with don't make it very clear on their characters -__-')

I'll post more if you guys wish to see the development of this mini series I have going on, and if you guys want, I'll get some pictures up of the actual miniatures when I get a hold of a camera.

I know I'm not great at spriting. My structure, shading, and texture need A LOT of work. Tips and pointers are welcome.
Check me out on Deviantart, yo. http://viscioushero.deviantart.com/
Thanked by: megaMasquerain

Messages In This Thread
Sprites into paper miniatures for D&D - by viscioushero - 11-15-2012, 09:28 AM