Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)
Super Smash Bros. Wii U (Title Pending) speculation thread
Zoroark was one of the first pokemon teased for the new gen, and had a movie based on him. Just like Lucario. I'm just following the pattern.

It makes sense. Jigglypuff and Pikachu aren't going anywhere at this point. Pokemon Trainer might, but I don't see that happening. Maybe he'll get an "upgrade" of 'mon, but I don't know if he'll be removed.

The fourth slot is a whole new ballgame. In Melee we got Pichu and Mewtwo. Mewtwo was hugely popular and Pichu was the token "not gen 1" Pokemon. Pichu was rightly hated and removed from the roster when Brawl came around, so in some sense, Lucario replaced him, not Mewtwo. Mewtwo was replaced by other gen 1 Pokemon.

In a nutshell, they can't ditch Pikachu and Jigglypuff at this point, and the Trainer is a unique spin on the idea, but they need to have some kind of representation of latter generations. It makes sense that the fourth slot should cycle with the newest generation. Mewtwo/Pichu -> Lucario -> Zoroark.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Smash Bros. Wii U (Title Pending) speculation thread - by Ton - 07-06-2012, 08:36 PM