Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Chrono Cross--a mixed bag of rips--
(06-28-2012, 05:25 PM)Vehek Wrote: There's actually a tool for assembling the backgrounds.
http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/i...328.0.html

There are so many backgrounds. How would you submit them?

Wow! There's a tool for it?! Totally awesome! Thanks for letting us know about it! I'm gonna go download that right away! Now if only it'd work for other PS1 Square games...

Anyway, I'm thinking submitting the backgrounds in sheets by location, so like one sheet for Arni Village, one sheet for Termina, that kind of thing. Some of them might need different sheets for the two worlds, but I think most of them are similar enough that I'd only need one or two alternate backgrounds. (It's been years since I last played the game, so I'm having trouble coming up with the specific details...)

(06-28-2012, 04:18 PM)Davy Jones Wrote: Assembling them is no challenge, the stripes going from the left to the right and from above to below, grid is 16x16. In comparison to Legend of Mana, it's Kindergarten.

How about teamin' up? Extract all maps and send me the files in a zip, I'll do the rest. Well... almost, I'll need the names after finishing them

If that tool doesn't work out, then teaming up would be great! Smile If it does work, though, I think that'd probably be easier on everyone, right?

(06-28-2012, 03:11 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: Zomg. Yes. Any flat object is fair game. I'd reconstruct those menu portraits. And save all the key items for one sheet. One other small critique is that I'd center the border on those icons so they look nice and uniform. I'm very excited you're doing this! Big Grin

For the section icon I'd use one of the first two Kid icons.

Okay, I'll reconstruct the menu portraits. I'm thinking I"ll probably do sheets by character, because if I wait until I have all the dialog and menu portraits, it'll be a *long* time until I can post them, 'cause I'll have to go into at least a third go-round to get all of Pip's variations. (Wouldn't be a problem if it didn't take so long for him to evolve, but as I recall, it takes about half the game for him to go from starting point to ending point...) Though I suppose it's technically possible that all of Pip's variations might be in the VRAM at once, but...it seems unlikely, given what I've seen so far.

I'll fix up the dialog box icons to be uniform. I'll do shrunk down versions of the larger frames and enlarged versions of the smaller frames, and see what looks better. (Or maybe put 'em both up and let others decide...)

I think I'm leaning towards the section icon where Kid is looking off into the distance. Something about it really seems right somehow.

I'm hoping to have the save icons soon, but I'm having the worst trouble finding the right palette for them. (Which is, I suppose, the same problem I'm having with the font, really...) I swear, sometimes it seems like the save state literally fails to catch the palettes for everything on screen. Sad
Thanked by: Ton

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chrono Cross--a mixed bag of rips-- - by Ton - 06-28-2012, 03:11 PM
RE: Chrono Cross--a mixed bag of rips-- - by SierraLatkje - 06-29-2012, 10:44 AM
RE: Chrono Cross--a mixed bag of rips-- - by Ton - 06-29-2012, 03:04 PM
RE: Chrono Cross--a mixed bag of rips-- - by Dazz - 06-30-2012, 04:35 AM
RE: Chrono Cross--a mixed bag of rips-- - by Ton - 06-30-2012, 11:54 AM
RE: Chrono Cross--a mixed bag of rips-- - by Ton - 07-31-2012, 03:50 PM
RE: Chrono Cross--a mixed bag of rips-- - by Ton - 08-01-2012, 06:49 PM
RE: Chrono Cross--a mixed bag of rips-- - by Ton - 08-08-2012, 06:09 PM