Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Roencia Indie Graphics Builder
I'm a bit confused.

Nobody has insulted you here. Nobody has (actively) tried to offend you here.

but oh my god, this post
(06-27-2012, 11:08 AM)Roencia Wrote: I don't see any insults either and attack may have been the wrong word to use. As far as criticism, this is negative criticism, "the trees and bushes do not match the style of the houses or well, bridge and fruit basket thingys or flower pots."

This is positive criticism, "I think your spaceships look really detailed and I like the rpg design, but I noticed the trees don't match with the style of the houses or well, bridge and fruit basket thingys or flower pots. Make sure to draw your trees in the same program/style. Otherwise, the images will clash."

One way is helpful with advice, and the other just points out what you are doing wrong.

Those are...
exactly the same thing, man.

Except the only problem is, I don't like the spaceships or the RPG design.
I'm not going to sit here and call everything you're doing flat out awful, but the fact of the matter is I'm not going to falsely compliment you on things that you did wrong just so I can tell you what needs to be changed.

I told you that your graphics clash (which they do) and that that needs to be fixed (which it does). I also told you that while the speaceships were detailed, I don't personally like that graphical style so I'm not really the best person to comment on it.

As far as your RPG tileset went, I saw for a short time when you posted the really big full size image the problems with that too. And honestly, there were a lot. You removed the image though, so I can't comment on them anymore but labelling your stuff as "vector trees" to try to escape criticism for something that's legitimately a problem is also not the way to go about this. I'd ask you to repost the full size image, but at this point I doubt you will.

The main thing I'm trying to say here: Nobody is trying to attack you here. Nobody is trying to insult you here. Every single person that has posted in this thread has posted valid criticism that you need to listen to. We're not going to lick your balls over flawed work and especially not make up nice things to say to you, when in fact, there's actually nothing to compliment. If we see problems, we're going to point them out. Simple as that.
That post you made earlier about "I should delete this topic and start it over" just because someone told you that what you were doing was wrong? No. -Nobody- (not just us!!!) in their right mind is going to take you seriously if you can't stand up to criticism and have to go as far as deleting an entire topic of valid replies to try to get somebody to agree with you.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]

Messages In This Thread
Roencia Indie Graphics Builder - by Roencia - 06-26-2012, 04:18 PM
RE: [Graphics bundle] Indie Graphics Builder (create unique sprites) - by Vipershark - 06-27-2012, 01:56 PM
RE: Roencia Indie Graphics Builder - by triptych - 06-27-2012, 07:32 PM
RE: Roencia Indie Graphics Builder - by DioShiba - 06-27-2012, 08:22 PM
RE: Roencia Indie Graphics Builder - by DioShiba - 06-27-2012, 09:22 PM
RE: Roencia Indie Graphics Builder - by Afr0Blu3 - 07-01-2012, 06:37 AM