Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Roencia Indie Graphics Builder
(06-27-2012, 12:13 PM)Roencia Wrote: I agree with almost all of what you said. Except that, "what we told you to do didn't happen yet". I've changed the post several times and fixed everything they told me to, what else can I do if nobody is noticing this?

Really because all I have seen you do in this thread is trying to defend it completely.

It's hard to understand the way someone is speaking in text words. I don't think anyone has been ....(that word you used). Again on the defense, and that I'm not flipping out, or pulling out my hair, or anything like that. I've been cool and collected the whole time. I am an individual who has his own thoughts and opinions and expresses them just like you.

While there isn't anything wrong with that you should at least try not to make a big deal of it, It's one thing to be calm, and that's good and all. But when you are going to be defensive here it's not going to get anyone anywhere regardless of who is more calm.

Don't get me wrong for getting on your case or anything like that. I certainly see that your not really well adjusted to how we handle things in regards to criticism or what not. I'm merely posting this for your future reference.

Just another thing that I think needs to be pointed out is that while I agree that there is a such thing as negative criticism I don't think that has been going on here at all. I'm sure this has been touched upon slightly but how positive or negative a criticism is really depends on it's validity here, not how it's given out.

Positive criticism is where you're actually getting advice on how to improve your art. So if some one were to say "These trees would look better if they were actually shaded with a constant light source" That's positive criticism hands down. Even if you were to get a bit of sarcasm in there it would still be a valid point because it's still getting to the point. So if someone said "hey nice use of the inconsistent light sources on those trees, now get rid of it." It's still valid no matter how you look at it.

Negative criticism just doesn't have a point for the most part, and most of the time it's just a straight out insult like "man these trees suck you should probably stop spriting." then that's barely even criticism at all because you aren't pointing out what's wrong with them. On the flip side which I do see from time to time, just getting complements without giving some line of advice can be negative as well. Not to say that's bad but while it's nice and all getting complements you can't really expect that on all mediums in art anyway unless your in some community that worships Pokemon splices or Sonic edits, which resolves around ass kissing constantly. So if some one just randomly gave you a complement saying "Hey that's real nice I would love to see more from you." or "Oh hey this is good but I think you can do better" I would say that's negative as well because you're not giving much advice but complements which practically encourage you to make the same things without any significant improvement or giving little advice as well.

In a nutshell, we value criticism that gives advice. That's what most of us would consider positive regardless of how the said advice is put. I hope this wall of text does clarify a few things and I hope you do stick with the community in the future.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513

Messages In This Thread
Roencia Indie Graphics Builder - by Roencia - 06-26-2012, 04:18 PM
RE: Indie Graphics Builder (create unique sprites) - by DioShiba - 06-27-2012, 01:12 PM
RE: Roencia Indie Graphics Builder - by triptych - 06-27-2012, 07:32 PM
RE: Roencia Indie Graphics Builder - by DioShiba - 06-27-2012, 08:22 PM
RE: Roencia Indie Graphics Builder - by DioShiba - 06-27-2012, 09:22 PM
RE: Roencia Indie Graphics Builder - by Afr0Blu3 - 07-01-2012, 06:37 AM