Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Original pixel animations for upcoming title
Kids stop it please that's not getting us anywhere.
Yes, it (obviously) was advertising, but there also are sprites to be discussed and I don't see a problem with telling Blake what's wrong with these so he can do it better next time in case he's not going to fix up these.

The main problems I see are the aformentioned selective outlining (which not even all of these have, you should try to keep your style conistent throughout the game) and the low contrast on some (the guy with the chains on his wrists). I suppose you've got multiple spriters working there? As the lead artist you should take care of having them work in the same style.
Also, always post your pixels at 1x resolution; if you think that's too small, provide larger versions alonside the original sized ones. Either way, people can zoom in on graphics, but zooming out proves to be difficult (it's hard to zoom to 33.3333333% while keeping pixels exact).

I'd give Blake a change to show he wants to improve as I think he's got quite some potential there. Next time show up and ask for comments in an earlier stage (which would probably also be better advertising as you build up long term interest) Genki ^_^

Messages In This Thread
RE: Original pixel animations for upcoming title - by Previous - 06-22-2012, 02:08 AM