Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Giga Bowser Mario and Luigi 3 WIP
(03-13-2010, 11:31 PM)Iceman404 Wrote:
(02-28-2010, 09:59 PM)Iceman404 Wrote: Also, this is M&L3 style, make it look soft, clean, rounded, and cartoony. That's the best part about those sprites.

As much as I agree with this. Come on guys give him a bit more of an idea on how to pull it off. Giga bowser, is at least in part, is what happens when you take normal bowser, and take a lot of the soft, rounded and cartoony out of him.

Anyways, I'm seeing a few common problems. First off, using a reference directly isn't going to help you that much. You've got to learn to exaggerate a few features. I'd start by bulking up his muscles a lot, especially his arms. Then you might want to inflate his shell a bit, rounding its overall shape a bit.

Second issue: You're over using the darkest shade (And medium tone for that matter) on his skin. This is a large part of what is giving the hard look it it. Use a lot more of the light tone, and start suggesting some of the inner lines instead out right showing them. By that I mean just showing key parts of the outline rather than the entire outline. That's a little more complex of a technique, but saying it should give you an idea where to start.

I'm just not seeing this too hard advice people a giving though. I don't see why you couldn't continue this along side a few other simpler sprites.
Looks just like a bigger sprite, rather than something all that more complex.
Thanked by: Garamonde

Messages In This Thread
RE: Giga Bowser Mario and Luigi 3 WIP - by Terminal Devastation - 06-14-2012, 08:01 AM
RE: Giga Bowser Mario and Luigi 3 WIP - by Sengir - 02-28-2010, 10:39 PM
RE: Giga Bowser Mario and Luigi 3 WIP - by Kelvin - 03-13-2010, 11:29 PM
RE: Giga Bowser Mario and Luigi 3 WIP - by -Dark- - 03-15-2010, 01:20 AM
RE: Giga Bowser Mario and Luigi 3 WIP - by Hoeloe - 06-14-2012, 05:08 AM