Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Not this again...
Fortunately though, they're not even for a game. I'm not spriting these things to make some sort of game out of it. Heck, I moved past the point where I wanted to make a Flash animation out of it, demoting it to sprite comic now. Especially since I've asked a countless of times for help after people said, "Yeah, you should ask us for help man, we'd totally help out!"

You wanna know why I waited this long to show you these sprites? I didn't. This is probably the tenth time or so I've made a new topic about this, only this time, I've only shown you the sprites I made NOW. I bet you guys don't even know how horrible they looked like before I moved on to a slightly bigger style.

The thing is, using bright colors was a concious choice. When working with Flash animations, you generally don't want the sprites to bleed with the background, be all dark and shit. You generally want the characters to stand out from the backgrounds. If I actually went with the actual ZX style, which is exactly what you guys would probably want, less saturated colors and all, especially with my track record in background creating, imagine how it would look like in motion. I mean, a more skilled spriter could probably make the backgrounds more desaturated without making it look like shit. For starters, I'm not that skilled, and the chance of anybody helping me out at this point is less than zero, and even if I was half as skilled as most of you, I'm making a sprite comic here. I used to be making a Flash animation. If I want to at least make this happen, I need to sacrifice something. That is, unless people FINALLY are going to freaking help out with this.

I mean, I can keep doing this for the next ten years, and I will until I finally at least popped out the first few chapters. Or people can actually help me out here, without bullshitting me about "I don't know jack shit about Captain N, even though you need more help with things I do know," or "You already are working on the stuff I could help out with, even though you never did call dibs on them."

The worst part is though that nobody on the Captain N forums has ever helped me out as well. I mean, it's excusable that you guys don't give two shits and / or fucks about this project. But I at least expected SOME help on that one forum that tries to bring Captain N back.

Either way, if you can give me pointers on how to make the colors work while both keeping the bright nature of the original games (or series, in the case of Kevin and Lana), I'll be open for suggestions. Samus though I do need to fix, because I'm not really a fan of her orange colors. That and I don't really like her zero suit form. Which is why I haven't even shown anything of her. But hey, you can judge it yourself.

[Image: samus_zerosuit.png]
[Image: samus_p00002.png]

Same goes to Pit, but that's more because I already have shown you guys stuff about Pit and you guys kept commenting about how the anti aliasing blurriness of his arrow shouldn't be on the sprite, despite me pointing out that it made use of a separate alpha blending image to achieve this "blurriness".

Also, Pikmin are at most the size of my thumb, and by extension, Kevin's thumb. If you really are making them to scale, they would be one pixel big.
Big sigs are for scrubs.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Not this again... - by GaryCXJk - 05-21-2012, 05:20 AM
RE: Not this again... - by Gors - 05-21-2012, 06:14 AM
RE: Not this again... - by Terminal Devastation - 05-21-2012, 01:19 PM
RE: Not this again... - by Gors - 05-21-2012, 02:56 PM
RE: Not this again... - by Gaia - 05-21-2012, 05:11 PM
RE: Not this again... - by Gors - 05-21-2012, 05:32 PM
RE: Not this again... - by GaryCXJk - 05-22-2012, 03:02 AM
RE: Not this again... - by Hoeloe - 05-22-2012, 04:17 AM
RE: Not this again... - by GaryCXJk - 05-22-2012, 02:01 PM