Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The Official Pokemon Colosseum Project [Last update: 1/8/2014]
(05-16-2012, 11:22 PM)AllenSword Wrote: @Mighty Jetters, thegameexplorer, Ploaj, John2k4: It has been 2 out of 4 months. I'm just letting you all know in case you are still in the project.

Yeah, I know, I'm trying to make time to do it.
In fact, I took a look at the guide some time ago, and I have a several questions about it (only just now getting around to asking them >_>)...

1: The 3D Ripper DX link you provided in the guide does not take me directly to the download and there is no place to download it.
Not that I'm going to use it (I'm going to try 3DVIA), just thought I'd bring up this problem.

2: With 3DVIA, I don't know what to download exactly, "3DVIA Composer"? I also only see a free trial of it...

3: Again with 3DVIA, I don't understand about the part where you said that if the model uses more than one of the same object, it won't be ripped. Does that mean that since Pichu, Registeel and Gligar probably have mostly symmetrical bodies, that it won't all be captured and I'll have to copy-paste the one side and attach it manually, or does that only count for "separated/floating/unattached" objects like you showed in the example image?

4: While I find the fact that it t-poses most models, has no scaling issues and does not require re-mapping to be very favorable compared to 3D Ripper DX, I don't exactly like the idea of needing a special plug-in for 3DS Max, plus am concerned about the object thing mentioned above. However if this is going to work better for me than 3D Ripper, which after reading the descriptions of both (and skimming through Zerox's huge and complex guide...), I believe that may be the case, then I'll be willing to download/set up a simple plug-in if the object issue isn't anything too drastic/troublesome.

5: You say that for both 3D Ripper DX and 3DVIA, you need 32-bit Dolphin. I already have 64-bit, and I'm not sure if I should waste space getting the 32-bit version as well, but I will if I must.

6: You say that welding/joining/etc. is more difficult with 3DS Max? Sick
I don't know anything about Blender so I will not be using that... I guess I have a lot to look forward to when I do this. Blank

7: I at least tried to go get KoichiSenada's plug-in, but I just want to know:
After navigating to the folder with the plug-in folders, I see that there are 6 of them as seen here, and I assume the one on the bottom is the latest version (has a later date on it), but I want to be sure if I should get that one.

And I think that's all. At least until I actually go about doing it anyway. <_>
Sorry for all the questions and the ginormous post.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Official Pokemon Colosseum Project [Last update: 5/17/2012] - by Garamonde - 05-18-2012, 10:20 PM