Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Bomberman Custom Sprites
this sheet is useless.

As much as you worked in the panels and the character (which also aren't that good either), there are no animations or stuff that make this useful. When making a custom sheet, you need to ask yourself, "will people use this?" "do I have all the necessary stuff?" "does this look good?" If you get a no in those three questions, you might want to fix it until you get a yes on all of them.

So, I wouldn't use this sheet. It looks bad, there is no logic in the shading and outlining placement, the colors are dull and washed out and you have little knowledge of shading. The fact that the panels are rectangular instead of square might be a detail you overlooked, but I'll consider it as a stylistic choice.
You don't have the necessary stuff either, as you lack a walk animation on bomberman as well as exploding effects and animated bombs. What's the logic in making a bomberman sprite sheet without all the basic animations?
Finally you need to stypy pixelart and traditional art more. Study how shading works, how to pick colors not from default XP Paint and avoid using pure black in the sprite.

Finally stop using MS Paint premade tools, it looks completely amateur and ugly. Same with the credit tag that is bigger than the actual content itself.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: Garamonde

Messages In This Thread
Bomberman Custom Sprites - by Starman31 - 03-21-2012, 12:33 PM
RE: Bomberman Custom Sprites - by Butler - 03-21-2012, 12:42 PM
RE: Bomberman Custom Sprites - by Lexou Duck - 03-21-2012, 01:02 PM
RE: Bomberman Custom Sprites - by Gors - 03-21-2012, 01:20 PM
RE: Bomberman Custom Sprites - by Starman31 - 03-21-2012, 01:45 PM
RE: Bomberman Custom Sprites - by Gors - 03-21-2012, 02:12 PM
RE: Bomberman Custom Sprites - by Garamonde - 03-27-2012, 06:55 PM