Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
My own spin on Rainbow Dash (Second sprite, constructive criticism please!)
(03-17-2012, 12:48 PM)Action Bastard Wrote: Along with the outlining, it just comes off as flat, and there's nothing really dynamic about it.
Agreed. Try using more shades around the base of the leg and bottom of the stomach. The Tail looks pretty good, but if you want the tail to be fluffy, then you need add more volume and size, but if you want it to be like your reference kitten, then it needs to have a more consistent breadth.
(03-17-2012, 12:59 PM)Ivyleaf1212 Wrote: Do I have any way you suppose I fix that, other than the jagged lines?
I'm really quite new to shading.
That may coexist with the fact it is too big. But I've been doing you know, big art pieces for a while now, and I can't seem to get myself to downsize, though I'm trying.
More shades and tints are needed, and the tint on the cats head is a bit to far over to the right(?), The size is okay, and the jaggies really are something you should concentrate on.
(03-17-2012, 01:19 PM)Action Bastard Wrote: One tip I have is to try not and use pure black as an outline, I'm not very savvy on terms, but try hueshifting, http://spriters-resource.com/community/s...?tid=13868 , it's in the dictionary, and it's a very useful technique. Just keep at it, it took me a long time and a lot of work to get where I am in spriting and I'm nowhere as near as radular as most on here Tongue
The sprite dictionary is something we both need to look at, and something most of us should remember to look at. And Radular/Action, your pretty damn goodWink
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: My own spin on Rainbow Dash (Second sprite, constructive criticism please!) - by Butler - 03-18-2012, 06:42 AM