Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
C&C for Sprites: Practice, possible game. Need help
(02-12-2012, 03:49 PM)Vipershark Wrote: That's an incredibly high jump.

Especially with no kind of buildup.
Either he's got the world's strongest legs to where he can launch himself 3 times the height of his body from a standstill, or you gotta add some buildup in! :p

I don't include any buildup for a few reasons, though it goes against normal animation practices.
1) During most platformers (especially on the SNES) you do not have any build up to jumping. This is noticeable in Megaman X especially. Even in the castlevanias you don't see any build up, you see more of the recoil when landing.

2) In order to use this for a game, hesitation in jumping would be painfully irritating. Having to time jumps 2 seconds ahead of fast moving projectiles or erratic movements of enemies would result in flinging controllers.

3) I will include landing recoil for longer falls. However the maximum height of his jump isn't set in set in stone. I've hardly even gone into that yet. I'll work on that more if I get this into an actual game, to coincide with level design.
Bearded Beast Illustrations
Photobucket Sprite Archive
Deviantart
If the study and practice of art, is not the endeavor to better one's skill constantly, then I don't know a damned thing.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Leaping Sprite - by Bearded_Beast - 02-12-2012, 05:48 AM
RE: C+C on a series of sprites. Game possible in the future? - by Bearded_Beast - 02-12-2012, 08:21 PM
Considering some changes - by Bearded_Beast - 02-17-2012, 01:18 AM
Triple Strike! - by Bearded_Beast - 02-17-2012, 02:08 PM
Move to Game Design? - by Bearded_Beast - 02-25-2012, 03:36 PM
shading? - by Bearded_Beast - 03-10-2012, 12:03 AM
RE: shading? - by Bearded_Beast - 03-30-2012, 11:25 AM