Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[PAID] Animated Web Series Shorts ($10,000+)
(02-09-2012, 09:02 PM)valforwing Wrote: O.o
why would monty get in trouble for giving out free copies of his work. his work is'nt ripped it's custom. if people can sell custom toys on ebay why would someone get in trouble for giving away custom models?

As I heard he got asked to stop by some reps from Square for giving out copies of dead fantasy 2 anime boston. Dead fantasy 2 used the actual ripped models in the animation. monty is an incredibly talented choreographer and despite what he says he's a very competent animator, however at that point in time his modeling skills were not where they are now. To my knowledge, since the addition of Namine, he's begun creating custom and some from scratch models, however the nature of copyright protects the very character design and trademarks themselves so no matter if you change the design, you don't own the content.

(But, technically your story and character animation itself is your creation.. so it's kinda a gray area. I personally would like to keep it gray because if a company does decide to define a solid line to be crossed it will set a prescedent and what we can get away with in these communities might be reduced.)

Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PAID] Animated Web Series Shorts ($10,000+) - by gagex2z - 02-09-2012, 09:24 PM