Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Save the Internet: The SOPA/PIPA thread.
The clear advantage of the blackout is that it's bringing the issue to a wider audience. Up until now it's been a widely discussed topic amongst tech savvy communities, but this blackout is forcing it into the public arena. There's been plenty of people requesting more information on twitter, and a lot of my facebook friends have expressed the wish to learn more about the act. This is good. People need to know that this bill is terrible and what they can do to defeat it.

It's scary to imagine that tSR, under this bill, would be illegal. Although sprite websites are a legal grey area as it is; we've, by and large, been able to operate under fair use. If this passes and one publisher no longer wants us to have their images, rather than send a DMCA takedown notice they can simply nuke the whole site from orbit.

If you don't quite understand what kind of problems SOPA/PIPA will cause I urge you to spend five minutes and watch this video;

I've never been one for online petitions but it's worth a shot Sign the Petition.

Whack-dat-Yoshi: I hope you don't mind but I altered the thread title, I think the new one reflects how serious this discussion is.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Official SOPA can Suck On Pig Asses Thread of SAVE THE INTERNET! - by Raz - 01-18-2012, 09:33 AM