Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Something I might actually use... Tried again.

(01-17-2012, 03:51 PM)StarSock64 Wrote: The blue shades need more contrast. They're too dark so they just kind of blend together, and you're not gonna get an illuminated look with dark shades. The boots have this problem too.

It might do some good to make the farther leg have more shading. I don't see it being this bright. But again, the dark green probably needs to be brighter or something. Right now all the dark shades kind of look like a bunch of indistinguishable black areas. The anatomy looks pretty funky too? The most jarring thing is how weirdly straight the farther leg is. It doesn't really fit with the balance of the other one and it just looks awkward.

If you're making a point of making the lantern the lightsource, then it needs to be way more noticeable/readable. I had no idea it was there until I read the posts.

I see your point. I'll work on the palette.

I'll see what can be done about the shading on the far leg when I brighten up the darker shades.
Interesting you should say that. I used Fire Emblem's sprites as a pose reference, and they seem to use very straight legs in a lot of them. I tried that because my leg poses always seem TOO bent whenever I try, but regardless, I'll look into it.

It's not that I'm particularly trying to make a point of it, but that I'm just shading it from that point because it makes more sense in context (the gameplay focusses a lot around different light levels, and the player is always shrouded in a circle of light from this lantern). However, I would like it to be at least somewhat noticeable, so I'll work on that, too.

EDIT: Quick attempt at fixing some of this. Any better?

[Image: platformercharacterfors.png]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Something I might actually use... - by Hoeloe - 01-11-2012, 02:52 PM
RE: Something I might actually use... - by Hoeloe - 01-11-2012, 03:49 PM
RE: Something I might actually use... - by Hoeloe - 01-11-2012, 05:48 PM
RE: Something I might actually use... (Need C&C on latest post pl0x) - by Hoeloe - 01-17-2012, 04:18 PM